About the job
BIOLOGY TEACHER – REQUIRED FOR A LEADING IB INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL IN NAGOYA, JAPAN
Prospero Teaching are looking for an outstanding Science Teacher (Biology / Environmental Systems and Sciences) for a highly reputable IB international school in Nagoya, Japan – contract start date: January 2021
ABOUT THE SCHOOL / NAGOYA:
- This school is a very established international school catering for children in Early Years to Grade 12 offering the PYP, MYP and IB DP curriculum.
- It is a popular IB World School and is also accredited by the Council of International Schools(CIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- Nagoya is the fourth most populated city in Japan, city with a rich history and distinctive food culture.
- Nagoya is home to one of Japan’s most noticeable shrines, the Atsuta Jingu, and it has been the centre of Japan’s famous car industry. Its close ties with the old Tokugawa dynasty left behind the majestic Nagoya Castle and other architectural legacies.
- Nagoya is ideally located centrally within Japan and is only less than an hour away from Tokyo and Osaka, and benefits from a lower cost of living than some of the larger cities.
- This is an exciting opportunity to relocate to the travel hub of Japan, where there is an established expat community, peaceful quality of life and plenty of opportunities for local and international travel!
- Location – Nagoya, Japan
- Position – Secondary Biology Teacher
- Type of work – Class Teacher – planning, preparation, assessment, parents evenings, extra-curricular commitments etc
- Contract or position start date – January 2021
- Duration– Two year contract
- Contract or position end date – January 2023
- Contract type – fixed contract
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – approximately £35,000 – 50,000 pa (remuneration package including housing allowance, visa, medical insurance, annual flight allowance, baggage allowance, 5% pension and end of contract gratuity bonus)
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE with QTS / BSc (Hons)
- Minimum 5 years’ teaching experience
- Experience teaching Biology to the highest level (A Level, IBDP, AP)
- Have experience of at least ONE IB programme (i.e. MYP, DP)
- Ideally have experience of IB Biology / IB Environmental Systems and Sciences
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Be available to start in January 2021
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for the role of Secondary Biology Teacher, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- Guidance and support to relocating overseas
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com