ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The secondary school is high performing mixed mainstream, Church of England Secondary School located in Bristol and take pride in their Computer Science department. The school is going from strength to strength and providing CPD throughout the year. The school does have a 6th form, although the majority of the timetable for this role will be KS3 and KS4.
The position is open to both NQT’s (newly qualified teachers) and experienced teachers. Depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.
The school requires a hardworking and committed Computer Science teacher with a commitment to ensuring the best possible outcomes for the students..
The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven track record for teaching computing at KS3 and KS4
- Have experience in teaching the OCR GCSE Computer Science syllabus
- Be confident to teach Python and possess a programming background
- Have a passion for the subject and the ability to inspire our students
- Be an excellent classroom teacher who can challenge all our learners to achieve their very
- Have relevant qualifications and experience
- Be an innovative teacher, focused on raising attainment
This position is suitable for both experienced practitioners and those newly qualified.
- Location – Bristol
- Position – Computing Science Teacher
- Type of work – KS3/KS4 Computing
- Contract or position start date – May 2020
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Temp to perm
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – Paid to scale
- Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor in Education (or equivalent) specialising in computer science
- Relevant teaching experience
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related reference
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com