About the job
A popular school located in Hampshire is interested in securing an English teaching job starting this January 2021. The ideal English teacher will be qualified, have a degree related to English and knowledge of the National Curriculum.
The school is interested in appointing an English teacher to join a thriving and dynamic department in January 2021. The ideal English teacher would be joining a small but well-resourced department and be required to deliver lessons to GCSE.
Joining a new school is daunting sometimes but the department is supportive, passionate and is resources are great. The department is small and has a blend of NQT’s and experienced teachers which makes for the solid and growing department.
Prospero Teaching provided the school with its recruitment process for a number of years now. We have a strong understanding of the make-up of the department, knowledge of the behaviour policy and what is expected of teachers at this school so will ensure we feel you are the right candidate for the school and the school suits you.
About the school and English teacher contract:
• A medium-size secondary school
• English taught at Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4
• Solid English department
• Supportive team and a strong English teacher
• Department with a collaborative approach to planning, delivery, and assessment of English
• Supportive yet high energy atmosphere
• This is a full-time position including planning and marking
The right English specialist will be:
• Hold a Bachelor in Education or Equivalent
• Confident with teaching GCSE English
• Creative, patient and willing to think outside of the box
The successful English teacher will have the following:
• Exceptional English degree and GCSEs
• Eligibility to work in the UK
• Be able to provide teaching references for the last 2 years
• Salary paid to scale – teachers’ pay scale MPS or UPS1 dependent on experience
Behaviour at the school is good, well managed and students value their education. The school provides pastoral responsibilities too staff and a range of CPD sessions. The school does provide education for students of all abilities, therefore, creating differentiated and interesting attention-grabbing lessons is a very important trait and will act as a useful method to ensure behaviour stays good.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful English teacher candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team***
If you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £150 referral scheme (Terms and conditions apply).
As the best teacher and supply teacher recruitment agency the U.K. has to offer, we ensure every step of your path with Prospero Teaching is a great one. We offer free courses in teaching, lesson planning, CPD certified qualifications, help with moving overseas and much more. Whether you want to teach music in Liverpool, Computer English in London or Business and Economics in Manchester we have the right teaching job for you.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com