About the job
ENGLISH TEACHER – REQUIRED FOR CANADIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL IN DALIAN, CHINA
Contract start date: August 2020.
- A reputable international education group in China, require an outstanding and qualified English Teacher for their international high school in Dalian, China.
- The school boasts impressive, modern facilities spanning two campuses catering for almost 3000 students.
- The school is one of a group of private schools with international-standard facilities that delivers the high school curriculum offered in British Columbia, Canada, to Chinese nationals and expat students.
- The teaching staff and extensive leadership team compiles of qualified expatriate teachers, predominantly from Canada, America and the UK.
- The school is located in Dalian – a modern port city on the Liaodong Peninsula, at the southern tip of China’s Liaoning Province, with popular beaches, water sports and many museums and historical sites visited by tourists from around the world.
- The city is ideally located for domestic and international travel, including Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia, only a short flight away.
- Unlike many cities in China, Dalian benefits from many green spaces, including forest parks and gardens and is a popular, yet relatively unknown city for expats.
** Due to ongoing global pandemic of COVID19, the school are open to altered start dates with the possibility to provide remote online learning if necessary **
- Location – Dalian, China
- Position – English Teacher
- Type of work –Class Teacher – planning, assessment, extracurricular commitments, parents’ evenings etc
- Contract or position start date – 16th August 2020
- Duration – Two year contract
- Contract or position end date – July 2022
- Contract type – fixed contract
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – depending on experience (remuneration package including school accommodation, visa and work permit, medical insurance, flight allowance, baggage allowance, contract renewal bonus, annual salary increments)
- Experience new country and culture with supportive expat network
- Professional development opportunities
- One full step, on competitive ten step salary grid, for every previous year of certified teaching experience
- Live and work with expat teachers, both new and experienced
- Orientation and settling in assistance and allowance
- Opportunities for saving and travel throughout Asia and South East Asia
- Annual Spring festival vacation for 4 weeks
- National Holiday vacation in October for 1 week
- 1 week vacation in May
- Annual summer vacation for 6 weeks
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a relevant teaching qualification: i.e. Bachelor of Education or equivalent
- two year’s full time teaching experience as a certified English Teacher
- Open to applications from qualified Teachers from Canada, UK, Ireland, USA, Austalia and New Zealand
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Be available to start 16th August 2020
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for the role of English Teacher, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- Guidance and support to relocating overseas
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com