About the job
Prospero Teaching are looking for an outstanding Head of History & Politics to work at a top independent school in the Ealing area.
This role would see you joining one of the top schools in the area where academic achievement is very high. In this position, you will be leading a highly successful department while teaching History across the school as well as some A-Level politics.
This role would be suitable for both an experienced Head of History as well as a History teacher with a passion for the subject. If you are looking to move up into a TLR role and have ideas about how to further develop the History department the school would be interested in your application.
The school offer a friendly and supportive work environment, staff engage in many social events and activities, which allows for team bonding to create an excellent work environment. Behaviour within the school is excellent, students are highly motivated, creative and intellectually curious, so you can spend more time teaching and get the best results for the students you work with.
The school have excellent staff retention with many staff having been at the school for a long period of time, so you will step into a well-established department who can support your start at the school. The school offer excellent CPD so you can continue to grow in the role and hone your teaching craft. Other benefits include an excellent pension scheme, free lunches in school, and interest free travel loans.
- Location – Ealing, London
- Position – Head of History & Politics
- Type of work – Head of Department/Department Lead
- Contract or position start date – 7th September 2020
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) – N/A
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Perm
- Full time/part time – Full Time
- Minimum rate of pay – Starting salary – £38,000pa + TLR
- Hours – 8:00 am – 4pm, plus parents evenings, school trips/events
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- QTS or equivalent (desirable but not essential)
- Previous experience leading a History/History and Politics department or experienced History Teacher confident to step into TLR position
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year desirable however not essential
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org