Prospero Teaching is working with a highly supportive school, located in a stunning location in the Bay of Plenty who are seeking a forward-thinking, innovative professional to step into a leadership position as their Head of Mathematics Department (HOD).
This highly diverse co-ed school offers a broad curriculum in a supportive and positive, learning environment. The teachers and support staff display a real passion for what they do, and their commitment is evident in the wide range of curricular and co-curricular sporting and cultural opportunities provided to the students. The school have modern specialist facilities in all areas and are incredibly well resourced allowing their teachers to be creative and to flourish.
This position would suit an already experienced leader or a senior mathematics teacher who may be looking to develop within their teaching career.
The School can offer you:
- Friendly, dynamic, and enthusiastic pupils
- A dedicated and motivated staff team who strongly believe in teamwork and building positive relationships across the school
- An experienced leadership team
- Exciting opportunities within their vibrant and multicultural community
- A high focus on care, guidance, and support for all staff members
- Access to high quality professional development opportunities
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant teaching qualification from their respective country i.e. Bachelor’s, Master’s or Post Graduate Diploma
- Sound knowledge of the NZ Mathematics Curriculum from years’ 9-13 and NCEA Level’s 1-3
- Hold a New Zealand Teacher’s Registration
- A natural ability to foster effective relationships with staff members and parents
- Proven experience teaching mathematics to a senior level
- The ability to provide guidance and professional development to all staff in the mathematics department
- A willingness to support extra-curricular opportunities
To be considered you must:
- Be currently residing in NZ/Hold a valid work visa
- Be able to commit to a Term 2, 2021 start
- Received or in the process of applying for a New Zealand Teacher registration number
- Be able to offer 2 references within the last 2 years
CV applications for this role can be emailed to mailto:email@example.com or ring us on 0800 1AUSNZ for more information and a confidential discussion.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org