About the job
JOB TITLE – Psychology Teacher, Dubai, UAE
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
- Prospero Teaching is looking for a qualified Psychology Teacher for a KHDA rated “Good” international school in Dubai, UAE.
- The school is an accredited and established IB curriculum secondary school with a very supportive and experienced senior leadership team, predominantly from the UK.
- The student body comprises of many nationalities with a large number of both expatriate and local Arab families, and is situated in a peaceful expat residential area of Dubai, close to endless amenities.
- The position is open to teachers with at least two years’ teaching experience in IB and/or British schools, with preference given to those with IB DP experience.
- The successful Teacher will teach Year 12-13 students following the IB DP Psychology curriculum.
- The school is located in the heart of the popular Emirate of Dubai, close to many of the popular tourist landmarks and just a short drive from the international airport.
- Location – Dubai, UAE
- Position – Psychology Teacher
- Type of work – Class Teacher – planning, teaching, assessment, extracurricular commitments, training, parents’ evenings etc
- Contract or position start date – August 2020
- Duration / Likely Duration – 2 years
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) – July 2022
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – Minimum £2200 – 3400 per month tax-free DOE
- Remuneration – excellent accommodation/housing allowance, private medical insurance, visa, annual flights, free school place, relocation allowance, additional bonuses
- Hours – 7:30 am – 4pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant teaching qualification with QTS or equivalent – i.e. PGCE, B.Ed., BA (Hons) with QTS
- Minimum 2 years’ full time teaching experience
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year or willing to complete new training
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
This is ‘About the school’ and should differentiate this school and the role from any other.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org