About the job
SCIENCE TEACHER – REQUIRED FOR CANADIAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL IN SHANGHAI, CHINA
Contract start date: January 2021
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
- A reputable international education group in China, require an outstanding and qualified Science Teacher for their international high school in Shanghai, China.
- The medium-sized school boasts a stunning campus with almost 300 acres of land, south of the centre of Shanghai accommodating boarders and day students.
- The school is one of a group of private schools with international-standard facilities that delivers the high school curriculum offered in British Columbia, Canada, to Chinese nationals and expat students.
- The teaching staff and leadership team compiles of qualified expatriate teachers, predominantly from Canada, America, The UK, Australia and New Zealand.
- The school is located south of the financial hub of Shanghai – a cosmopolitan and vibrant city with excellent public transport links and endless historical and cultural sites.
- Shanghai is ideally located for travel across China and internationally, including Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia, only a short flight away.
- The school is located in a quieter suburb south of the city, rich in history and close to the coast and beaches.
- Shanghai is a very popular city for expat teachers, with plenty of things to see and do, and the local area surrounding the school has many restaurants, venues and amenities to keep teachers occupied outside of school!
** Due to ongoing global pandemic of COVID19, the school are open to altered start dates with the possibility to provide remote online learning if necessary **
- Location – Shanghai, China
- Position – Science Teacher
- Type of work –Class Teacher – planning, assessment, extracurricular commitments, parents’ evenings etc
- Contract or position start date – January 2021
- Duration – Two year contract
- Contract or position end date – January 2023
- Contract type – fixed contract
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – approximately £29,500 – 41,500 pa depending on experience (remuneration package including on-site school accommodation, visa and work permit, medical insurance, flight allowance, baggage allowance, contract renewal bonus, annual salary increments)
- Experience new country and culture with supportive expat network
- Professional development opportunities
- One full step, on competitive ten step salary grid, for every previous year of certified teaching experience
- Live and work with expat teachers, both new and experienced
- Orientation and settling in assistance and allowance
- Opportunities for saving and travel throughout Asia and South East Asia
- Annual Spring festival vacation for 4 weeks
- National Holiday vacation in October for 1 week
- 1 week vacation in May
- Annual summer vacation for 6 weeks
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a relevant teaching qualification: Bachelor of Education of Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years Teaching Experience
- Teachers with a B.Ed. must have a minimum of one year’s full time teaching experience as a certified Science Teacher
- Ideally have experience teaching the British Columbia curriculum and possess BC teacher’s licence, although not compulsory
- Open to applications from qualified Teachers from Canada, UK, Ireland, USA, Austalia and New Zealand
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Be available to start 16th August 2020
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for the role of Science Teacher, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- Guidance and support to relocating overseas
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org