Prospero Teaching is currently supporting a well-resourced, independent school in Northern Queensland recruit a full-time, permanent Music Teacher for their 2022 cohort of staff. This position will support Secondary aged students from Year 7-12.
A Secondary Music Teacher is currently required for 2022 at a college in the beautiful Northern Queensland region. This school educates and equips students to love and serve Christ and their world with a deep sense of purpose, and is within 1 hour plane ride from Brisbane.
About the position
- Effectively organising your classes and maintaining quality care and discipline of students;
- Maintaining a high standard of work amongst students;
- Evaluating and assessing children’s progress and reporting to parents verbally and in writing;
- Planning, preparing and teaching the curriculum to various classes to appropriate standards;
- Involving parents in the school program;
- Attending staff meetings, parent/teacher meetings, interviews, worship and staff devotions;
- Attending In-service Courses and Out-of-Hours School Functions as required by the College;
- Carrying out playground duties as rostered and reporting areas of maintenance needs to the office; and
- Submitting classroom budgetary requests to the Principal when required.
About the Benefits
This is an incredible opportunity to join a school dedicated to creating sustainable careers and workplaces.
The senior leaders of this school understand the pressures and expectations set on teachers and make a concerted effort to streamline processes to ensure their staff can focus on what is most important – providing a teaching environment for students to foster their creative and artistic skills.
The position offers an attractive base salary circa $75,470 – $128,149 plus super and holiday loading, commensurate with your experience and qualifications. Relocation assistance is also on offer!
All teachers at this school enjoy two weeks of paid development. This time allows staff o focus on their personal and professional growth. Staff also enjoy ongoing opportunities for training and further education with all expenses paid by the College.
To be Eligible:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Education.
- Provide a minimum of two professional references from Senior members of staff.
- The QLD government will require Teachers to be COVID-19 Vaccinated by the beginning of Term 1, January 2022.
- Be registered, or have the ability to be registered with the QCT.
- Have working rights in Australia.
What Prospero Teaching can offer you:
- Experienced Senior consultants who are committed to placing candidates in their ideal teaching role.
- Opportunities for graduate & experienced teachers.
- A variety of schools and settings – our clients include state and independent schools.
- Free interview support and CV advice from our in-house Candidate Development team.
If you are open to hearing about this position and keen to discuss what you are looking for, then please send your CV and cover letter today.
- Location Northern Queensland, Queensland
- PositionMusic Teacher QLD
- Type of work Secondary