Prospero Teaching have an exciting new opportunity for a Childcare Supervisor for a Before and After school care centre located in Chester Hill. This role is ideal for an experienced Early Childhood Educator or Primary School Trained Teacher looking for flexible working hours.
About the role:
The Child Care Supervisor is to assist the Child Care Co Ordinator with the day to day care of the children and programs offered. You are required to oversee a team of educators and provide the best quality of education and care for children aged 5 – 12 years old. A successful candidate must be passionate and highly motivated to learn and grow in this position.
The Supervisors responsibilities are to assist the Co Ordinator to:
- Supervise Child Care Educators and children, and ensure that the supervision of children indoors and outdoors is adequate at all times, programs are suitable to their needs and develop the social, intellectual, cultural and physical abilities of each child.
- Ensure children with special needs are adequately catered for and the Programs allow them maximum participation in all activities
- Ensure Quality Improvement and meeting all Child Care Regulations.
- Ensure nutritional food/drink is available for the children’s breakfast and afternoon tea.
- Regularly check resources and maintenance needs and report these to the Coordinator
- Provide a program of activities
- Ensure that the Centre is left clean, tidy and secure each day
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working hours
- 27.5 hours per week (school term) Up to 38 hours per week (vacation care)
- 7-9am and 2.30-6pm weekdays
- Paid above award rate
- Well-resourced service with a supportive management structure
- Opportunity for career progression and growth within the company
To be a Successful Applicant you must:
- Commit to 27.5 hours per week school term and up to 38 hours per week vacation care
- Opportunity to work hours 2-6pm weekdays if desired (no morning shift)
- Be dedicated and passionate about delivering the best childcare service and experience possible
- Have excellent communication skills with parents, children and team members
- Previous experience working with primary aged children (5 – 12 years old)
- Qualifications (Min Diploma preferred) and experience working with children aged 5-12 in a similar setting
- A valid WWC and First aid certificate
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent, OOSH
Offered By Prospero Teaching
Successful applicants will also have the benefit of:
- Generous $250 voucher when you refer a friend to Prospero
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please upload your resume via the “apply now” button or call Naomi at Prospero Teaching on 0435 431 042.
- Location Sydney
- PositionOut of Hours Child Care Supervisor Role
- Type of work Early Childhood, Primary