Join our client centre, as the early childhood teacher in Mt Cook, Wellington.
Perks of the role:
- Boutique mixed age centre
- Pay Parity
- Paid First Aid + teacher registration
- Paid meetings and planning days
- Professional development opportunities
- Ability to develop your leadership skills through distributed leadership
About the Centre:
- Community based not for profit centre
- Licensed for 24 tamariki
- Strong whānau engagement through projects, governance and ensuring decision making is collaborative.
- Tuakana-Teina Approach: Drawing from Te Ao Māori, embracing tuakana-teina, emphasising reciprocal relationships to promote shared responsibility and leadership
- Well-established Te Tiriti/Pasifica curriculum incorporated with Reggio, RIE philosophy, Te Ao Māori and Pasifica pedagogies.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to positively engage with the tamariki, parents, staff, and the wider community
- Able to implement respectful practices through being culturally responsive and celebrating children and their whanau(s) identity, language and culture
- Effective communication skills with a proactive outlook and an ability to always maintain professionalism
- Eager to work alongside whanau to ensure their vision, values and aspirations are supported
To thrive in this role, you’ll need:
- Qualified ECE/PMY Teacher + valid teachers’ registration (open to new graduates)
- Must have recent experience working with children
- Have NZ working rights and be based in NZ
Here’s how to apply:
Simply click on the APPLY button to submit your CV. Alternatively, you can call at 0800 128 769 (option 1).
- Location Wellington
- PositionFull Time Early Childhood Teacher - Wellington
- Type of work Early Childhood