Special Education Teacher
Full Time Permanent & Fixed term contract
Prospero Teaching Australia are working with a Primary Support unit who are in the search for qualified Special Education Teachers this year. This schools are looking for Specialist Teacher who is looking for a new challenge and to impact on the lives of students with diverse learning needs.
- Designing and implementing Individualized Education Programs (IEPs).
- Adapting teaching methods and materials to meet the unique needs of students with various disabilities.
- Providing academic and emotional support to create an inclusive learning environment.
- Collaborating with other professionals, including educators and specialists, to ensure comprehensive student support.
- Conducting assessments to identify learning challenges and strengths.
- Regularly assessing and adjusting instructional strategies based on students’ progress.
- Communicating effectively with parents/guardians about student progress and challenges.
- Implementing effective behaviour management strategies.
- Bachelors or Masters in Education.
- NESA accreditation
- Special Education qualifications are preferred but not essential
- Experience working with students on the autism spectrum or with other intellectual disabilities (desirable).
If you are a Special Education Teacher or a Teacher who is looking for a new challenge in 2024 then please apply with your most recent resume or contact Laura for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location New South Wales, Sydney
- Type of work Primary, Special Needs Education
- Minimum rate of pay$85,000 - $120,000