Prospero Teaching are seeking a qualified and registered or in-training ECE teacher for our client centre in Hamilton.
Our client centre promotes nature-based learning experiences and is committed to sustainable practices. Children are able to connect with nature and the community by going on regular excursions. Children are able to develop and enhance their ability to take risks and sense of wonder through regular excursions. This encourages children to build kaitiakitanga (guardianship) for the environment and natural play spaces.
ABOUT THE CENTRE & ROLE:
- Experienced and fully qualified teaching team
- Role count: 66 children
- Catering for children 3 months to 6 years
- 35 hour working week
- Toddler Role
- In-training or new graduate opportunity
- Not for profit centre
- Nature based programme
- Well Placed Ero report
WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Ability to positively engage with the tamariki, parents, staff, and the wider community
- Easy access to transportation
- A true passion for Early Childhood Education and values and respects the ethic of care and committed to working in collaboration to make sure whānau and children feel heard, appreciated and welcome.
- Effective communication skills with a proactive outlook and an ability to always maintain professionalism
BEFORE JOINING THE TEAM:
- Hold a Level 7 Education Qualification in Early Childhood or Primary, and/or NZQA approved qualifications (if qualified) - Or about to complete your qualification (3rd year student)
- Current NZ Teachers Registration (if qualified)
- Comply with the Children's Act 2014 compliance requirements
- Provide vaccine certificate
How to contact us: Please submit your CV by clicking APPlY or call us on 0800 128 769 (option 1).
Perhaps you aren't looking for a permanent role or know someone who is? Register with Prospero Teaching or refer a friend and you could earn a $250 Prezzy Card (conditions apply). For further information, please visit https://prosperoteaching.co.nz/.
- Location Hamilton, Waikato
- PositionEarly Childhood Toddler Position
- Type of work Early Childhood