Prospero Teaching are working with a lovely Special Needs school in Auckland who are excited to welcome a Special Educational Needs Teacher to their team for a Term 2, 2023 start. The school are eager to hear from experienced and newly qualified teachers who are either looking to kick – start their teaching career or build on their current experience.
The school is an inclusive school where the well-being and progress of every child is their key focus and where all members of their community are of equal worth. Parents, carers’ and community are key partners and they are committed to working together to promote educational achievement, raise children’s self-esteem and engender a sense of pride in their school and community.
At this school, they believe that children learn best when they are stimulated by an exciting and challenging curriculum which motivates them to learn. They actively encourage children to be inquisitive about the world around them and they celebrate every child’s success. They are determined to give their children every opportunity to make the most of their abilities through a combination of excellent teaching, an inspirational learning environment and a rich, creative curriculum.
The successful Teacher will:
- Have a clear understanding of classroom roles and responsibilities
- Be highly organised, excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt quickly to different classroom settings
- Be skilled at supervising students and establishing a constructive, safe and ordered atmosphere in the classroom.
- Have two good-outstanding professional child workforce related references.
- Have experience teaching within a Special Needs Environment
In return the school can offer you:
- A chance to work with a team of teachers to support and develop your teaching practice
- The freedom to develop learning for children in innovative ways
- A forward-thinking school where you can take risks and share ideas
To be considered you must:
- Be eligible to work in NZ
- Be able to provide at least two different teaching or practicum references covering the last 2 years
- Be able to commit to a Term 2, 2023 start
- Have a NZ Teacher’s Registration
Interested applicants, please do send us a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on 0800 1AUSNZ for more information.
- Location Auckland, New Zealand
- PositionSpecial Needs Teacher
- Type of work Special Needs Education